Tuesday

London and Rome Film Festivals

Great news,

'In Prison My Whole Life' has been accepted to have it's worldwide premiere in the 51st BFI Film Festival and the Rome Film Festival in Italy.

The film will premier on the same night on Thursday, October 25th. Marc Evans, the films director will be presenting the film in Italy, while myself, Colin and Livia Firth, Nicola Giuggiolli, Katie and numerous others involved in the project will be in London.

For the London film festival, the film will be shown at the Odeon Leicester Square at 6.30pm on the 25th of October for it's official world premiere. It will then have a second screening at the BFI Southbank Studio on the 26th of October at 7.30pm. On the 28th of October at 2.15pm we will have a third screening as part of the festival at the Ritzy Cinema in Brixton with a Q & A session with myself and Marc Evans after the film.

To read about it click here

When I have more info about the Rome festival, I'll let you know.

Personally, I'm still a bit in shock about it since when we started this I couldn't imagine it getting into the film festivals and sitting on a billing of 'New British Cinema' with Nick Broomfield.

I'm a bit nervous about the attention and having to do question and answer sessions but it's a good chance to get more of a debate going about Mumia's case and the upcoming decision in the third circuit.

Check in with the myspace page to keep up to date with the screenings as well.

Tickets go on sale to non-BFI members on the 29th of September. We're hoping for a full house so we'll hope to see you there.

9 Comments:

Blogger sue said...

Hi Will, congrats on the movie, the trailer is amazing and i cant wait to get to see the whole movie, take care
sue

10:30 pm  
Blogger Admin said...

Hi William,

Congrats on the movie.
We created a movie page on our website about this movie a long time ago.

If you ever decide to remove this blogspot film diary...could we please use it on our website www.colinfirth24-7.com?
This is the page i'm talking about:
http://www.colinfirth24-7.com/Filmography/in_prison_my_whole_life.html

Take care
Francis

5:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Will,
Congratulations on the film's imminent success. I am a feature writer at The Observer, currently working on a piece about the Sundance Film Festival. I know that In Prison My Whole Life has been shortlisted for competition and wondered whether I could speak to you abou the importance of the festival for independent film-makers? It would only take a few minutes over the phone. My mobile is 07786696001. Many thanks.
Best wishes,
Elizabeth Day

12:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Will. I wish you luck with your film. From My Point of View you are already lucky to have Marc Evans in your project.
Best wishes

11:30 am  
Blogger Unagi said...

Hi, Will.
Are you "the" William Francome that has made a documetary about the ativist Mumia Abu-Jamal?
'Cause i'm from Brazil and i'm waiting for so long the release of this movie. I have the MOVE Documentary, narrated by Zinn and i'm very interested on Move members and associates story.
There are so many people in Brazil, specialy on Northeast states, that was touched by this case.
I hope that your film arrive on brazilian territory. Is there any plan on release on Brazil?

Great success on European exihibitions.

Hope for an answer.

p.s.: Sorry by the poor english, i'm learning.

cheers!

8:03 pm  
Blogger Unagi said...

my email:
breno_ricardo@yahoo.com.br

8:07 pm  
Blogger Nancy Appleby said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:33 pm  
Blogger Nancy Appleby said...

Hey Will!

I went to the Ritzy Picture house yesterday and saw the documentary. Amazing! It really blew me away and I learned a lot as a result of it. Congratulations!

You shouldn't be afraid of it's success, it really deserves it!

It has also inspired me to write/promote for Amnesty, even more now!

I wrote a blog about it, I hope you can check it out as it'd mean a lot to me seeing as I'm a Journalism student.

Hope to hear form you.

Nancy.

3:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings,
I saw (most of) your film at the CR10, a gathering of prison abolitionists, of which I am one. Here, in Eureka California, we began organizing as Redwood Curtain CopWatch http://redwoodcurtaincopwatch.net/ a couple of years ago. Also, we collectively run an office and meeting space called PARC, Peoples' Action for Rights and Community (http://parc2truth.net). The community space is run entirely on donations and volunteer work. Some of the groups who use the space are Accion Zapatista de Humboldt, Redwood Curtain CopWatch and Humboldt Grassroots (who organized the first anarchist bookfair in this area).
Would you be willing to send a copy of your movie? We will screen it, and I believe many people will be inspired and learn alot from it.
Our number at PARC is (707)442-7465, email is peoplesarc@gmail.com. Thanks for getting back to us when you can. Thanks for making such an important documentary. Free Mumia Abu-Jamal!!

Wishing you well,
Verbena

1:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home